Cardiac Surgery ECMO Coordinator - PRN
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Cardiac Surgery ECMO Coordinator - PRN - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Cardiac Surgery ECMO Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the clinical operational management and strategic planning of the ECMO service in the ICU and Cardiac Surgery Division. Has 24/7 accountability and responsibility for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree desirable in nursing, respiratory care or perfusion technology from an accredited training program
- MS in nursing or Master's Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in providing ECMO support and demonstrating a progressive leadership background
- Must possess exceptional critical thinking skills and deal with extreme pressure and stress
- Ability to rotate shifts and/or work flexible hours to meet patient care needs
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities
- High-level of computer literacy
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration