Nurse Manager (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - FT
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Nurse Manager (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - FT - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nurse Manager (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - FT.
You may not know “GW” has a reputation as one of the finest medical facilities on the entire east coast. It serves as the hospital for the President, foreign dignitaries and our own political leaders in addition to the 80,000 ER visits we have yearly.
Responsible for the operational management and strategic planning of a department or service line that provides care to a specific patient population. Has 24/7 accountability and responsibility for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- BSN required; MS in Nursing or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience that demonstrates a progressive leadership background.
- Successful completion of the Driving Nurse Attributes Assessment
- Certification in specialty preferred
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities