Nurse Manager (RN) - Mother/Baby - FT
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Nurse Manager (RN) - Mother/Baby - Full Time - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nurse Manager (RN) - Mother/Baby.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the operational management and strategic planning of a department or service line that provides care to a specific patient population. Has 24/7 accountability and responsibility for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- MS in nursing or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience that demonstrates a progressive leadership background
- Successful completion of the Nurse Career Battery (Only for employees hired for/or promoted into Registered Nurse position after October 15, 2008)
- Certification in specialty preferred
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration