Patient Access Specialist
in Boise, ID
Patient Access Specialist- Boise, ID
St. Alphonsus Medical Center – Nampa has partnered with Emerus, a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of emergency, inpatient, and diagnostic medical health care and the nation's first and largest operator of micro-hospitals. Recognizing the growing need for health care services in Nampa and the surrounding communities for compassionate, efficiency and excellence while maintaining high stands for quality, safety and service, our state-of-the-art hospitals are fully accredited and provide highly individualized care. We have created a special place where patients can expect the highest level of care when every second counts.
Emerus is currently seeking a Patient Access Specialist – for their Nampa facility.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a liaison between patient/family, payers, Patient Financial Services, and other health care team members. You'll be asked to facilitate patient tracking and billing by obtaining/verifying accurate and complete demographic information, financially securing, and collecting out-of-pocket responsibility from guarantors to maximize hospital reimbursement.
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- 1 year patient registration and insurance verification experience in a health care setting, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of various insurance plans (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicare, Medicaid) and payors, strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
- Excellent customer service
- Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration