Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Pain, Anesthesiology - FT
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Pain, Anesthesiology - FT - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Pain, Anesthesiology .
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement clinical plans of care for adult patients with chronic and acute pain. Performs a wide range of activities, which include: assessment, recommendations on symptom management; development of plans to meet patient and family physical and psychosocial needs; monitoring of patient progress; updating the acute pain service team.; and patient/family teaching. Will also serve as a resource to other hospital staff on pain and management of peripheral nerve block issues. Promotes staff proficiency in pain management.
- BSN Preferred
- Successful completion of the Nurse Career Battery (Only for employees hired for/or promoted into Registered Nurse position after October 15, 2008)
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience that demonstrates a progressive leadership background.
- Certification in specialty preferred
- 1 year pain service experience preferred
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration