Registered Nurse (RN) - Bariatric Coordinator
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Registered Nurse (RN) - Bariatric Coordinator - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Registered Nurse (RN) - Bariatric Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides support to the Nurse Manager for the managerial and leadership aspects of a specific clinical area or department. Develops, coordinates, enhances and executes the inpatient Bariatric Surgery Program. Promotes staff proficiency in the care of patients undergoing weight loss surgery. Develops interdisciplinary strategies for providing a coordinated care program for Bariatric surgical patients. Provides direct care to patients in the role of Bariatric Surgery Coordinator.
- BSN Required
- Professional experience that demonstrates a progressive leadership background
- Successful completion of the Nurse Career Battery (Only for employees hired for/or promoted into Registered Nurse position after October 15, 2008)
- Certification in Bariatric Nursing (CBN) preferred
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration