Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
in Washington, DC
Registered Nurse (RN) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU) – FT/PT and Days/Nights
Do you want to expand your nursing practice and be part of a team that is Defining Medicine through cutting edge technology? Are you ready to take the next step in your career? If you are an experienced ICU RN with a passion for nursing excellence, who is looking for a vigorous and diverse work environment that employs your critical thinking skills each and every shift – George Washington University Hospital is exactly where you want to be!
GW’s ICU isn’t just any Level 1 Trauma Center- every member of the ICU RN Team at George Washington University Hospital is cross trained to handle ALL of the following specialties:
• CardioThoracic surgery
• Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Neuro/NeuroSurgical ICU
• General surgical ICU
• Medical ICU
• ECMO center
• Bariatric Center of Excellence
• Renal Transplant Center
As one of the RN’s working on this 56 bed ICU unit you will be a member of the most highly trained and knowledgeable ICUs in both the region and the country.
Successful Registered Nurse candidates for positions in the ICU at George Washington University Hospital will:
- Have at least 1 year of experience in an acute care ICU setting;
- Be comfortable working with critically ill patients who require hemodynamic monitoring; cardioversion/defibrillation and pacemakers; mechanical respiratory support devices; various forms of renal support; cardiac rhythm interpretation; conscious sedation; pain management;
- Have or be able to obtain a District of Columbia nursing license.
- Have graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Have current CPR and ACLS
Please click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration