Registered Nurse (RN) - NICU - PRN
in Washington, DC
Registered Nurse (RN) - NICU - PRN - George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
GW Hospital’s Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides comprehensive, high-quality and family-centered care for critically ill or premature infants.
The NICU provides care for high-risk neonates including:
- Whole baby cooling
- Administration of IV fluids
- Continuous cardiorespiratory monitoring
- Noninvasive nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Mechanical ventilation, including high frequency oscillation
- Nitric oxide inhalation therapy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
or eligible to obtain
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 1 year recent experience in specialty area
- Current certification of Basic Life Support for Health Care Professionals, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- NPR Certification
Please Click Apply to submit your resume for consideration.