RN Transfer Coordinator - Patient Logistics Center - FT/PRN
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
RN Transfer Coordinator - Patient Logistics Center - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of RN Transfer Coordinator - Patient Logistics Center.
You may not know “GW” has a reputation as one of the finest medical facilities on the entire east coast. It serves as the hospital for the President, foreign dignitaries and our own political leaders in addition to the 80,000 ER visits we have yearly.
In collaboration with the Patient Logistics Center Manager, the House Operations Supervisor, and the Transfer Center Medical Director, develops, enhances, and executes the Transfer Center Program. Responsible for the continuity of care of transferred patients. Facilitates processes on a daily basis to expedite patient movement and capacity management within the organization. Coordinates, prioritizes, and optimizes patient flow activities. Supports and enhances the capabilities of the multi-disciplinary team who are directing and managing the care of the patient.
- BSN Preferred
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience
- Successful completion of the Driving Nurse Attributes Assessment
- CCRN preferred
- Fundamental computer skills and keyboard familiarity
- Able to speak and write English fluently
- Demonstrated communication (oral and written), organization and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, inter-dependently and set priorities in collaboration with department manager
- Able to initiate, accept and adapt to process or other changes necessary to improve patient flow and hospital operations