Registered Nurse (RN) Transfer Coordinator
in Washington, DC
Registered Nurse (RN) Transfer Coordinator - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Registered Nurse (RN) Transfer Coordinator.
In collaboration with the Patient Logistics Center Manager, the House Operations Supervisor, and the Transfer Center Medical Director, develops, enhances, and executes the Transfer Center Program. Responsible for the continuity of care of transferred patients. Facilitates processes on a daily basis to expedite patient movement and capacity management within the organization. Coordinates, prioritizes, and optimizes patient flow activities. Supports and enhances the capabilities of the multi-disciplinary team who are directing and managing the care of the patient.
- BSN Preferred
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience
- Successful completion of the Driving Nurse Attributes Assessment
- CCRN preferred
- Fundamental computer skills and keyboard familiarity
- Able to speak and write English fluently
- Demonstrated communication (oral and written), organization and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, inter-dependently and set priorities in collaboration with department manager
- Able to initiate, accept and adapt to process or other changes necessary to improve patient flow and hospital operations
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration