RN Transport Nurse Specialist - Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus
in Washington, DC
RN Transport Nurse Specialist - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of RN Transport Nurse Specialist.
***Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus***
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides safe and therapeutic care during inter-hospital transport of a wide variety of patients from infants through adults. The nurse autonomously conducts the initial and ongoing patient assessment, clinical stabilization, and provision of diagnostic, medical, and surgical interventions during transport. The nurse collaborates with other health team members and other individuals to problem solve and implement treatment modalities in an effort to maximize patient outcomes.
- Minimum of three years critical care experience (ICU and/or Emergency Department), OR two years in a high volume (>50K visits/year) tertiary care ICU/Emergency Department, OR two years of recent critical care transport experience as a team leader
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS
- American Heart Association PALS (successful completion within 3 months of hire)
- NRP (successful completion within 12 months of hire)
- TNCC, TPATC, or ATCN (successful completion within 6 months of hire with equivalent experience)
- One advanced nursing certification: CEN, CCRN, CTRN, or CFRN (successful completion within 12 months of hire)
- Current and unrestricted RN licensure in DC, MD, and VA. Compact licensure may replace Maryland and/or Virginia RN licensure
- Successful completion of a comprehensive critical care transport orientation program provided by The George Washington University Hospital
- Participation in clinical training, didactic education, research, and continuous quality improvement activities is mandatory; this includes departmental and hospital requirements. TNS training includes regularly scheduled simulation and skill labs where invasive procedures such as endotracheal intubation, chest wall decompression, escarotomy, cricothyroidotomy, pericardiocentesis, and central line insertion are taught. Other teaching environments such as ED, ICU, and OR will also be utilized
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration