VAD Coordinator (RN) - Cardiac Surgery -FT
in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
VAD Coordinator (RN) - Cardiac Surgery - FT - The George Washington University Hospital - Washington D.C.
The George Washington University Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of VAD Coordinator (RN) - Cardiac Surgery - FT.
Responsible for providing care to patients who receive mechanical circulatory support as an advanced surgical treatment for heart failure. They facilitate the process of mechanical circulatory support therapy from patient identification and evaluation through implantation and post-implantation follow up.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia
- BLS and ACLS on hire or within one month of hiring.
- Obtain and maintain VAD Certification when available
- Prior experience in critical care/intensive care nursing/cardiac surgery and/or advanced heart failure highly preferred.Previous VAD experience highly desirable
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA).
- Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.